Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Potato Couch Workout

Hi.. It has been quite a while since I last entered a contest in 99Designs.com. Today, I'm quite proud of myself. I actually completed 1 design for the Potato Couch Workout contest. It is actually a series of card that the contest holder wanted to do. The winner got the chance to designs the whole series of the card.

First, I take a photograph of the design drawn (another option if you don't have a scanner). Then, I used Adobe Illustrator to redraw the outline. I have actually tried in with Adobe Photoshop as well however, there are certain criterias that made me choose Adobe Illustrator at the end. After that, I color the design. Finally, put down some shadows on the design to make the character looks more realistic.

For your information, you can either use Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop to color your t illustration. It is really up to you. Both of the softwares are almost the same but not quite. The way you do something in Illustrator is different compare to Photoshop. You can play around with both of the tools & see which one really suits you.

This is the potato character I come up with.





This is the final product after, 5 hours of hard work. What do you think? I have always wanted to become a hardcore illustrator. I envy those who really good at it. This is all my hard work after trying & trying few times. I always wanted to know how some of the illustrators can have a smooth texture on the illustrations they did. Always post those questions to them whenever I saw a nice illustration either in a blog or youtube or devianart. But, no one seems to answer to any of my questions. My friend said every successful illustrator have their own secret that they won't really want to share with others. So, I have no other choice but experience it by myself...


Material (s) Used: Paper, pencil
Tool (s) Used: Lumix Camera, Adobe Illustrator CS3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Darling... a good start.... all the best to ypu... take care

my.firstSkizze said...

thanks yogi..when you plan 2 do a blog. i want to comment on yours as well..