Sunday, February 15, 2009

Potrait or Caricature??

I just started to learn how to draw caricature. I'm not sure what I have done is a potrait or caricature. But I don't really know how to create both of them yet.

I came across a site about how to crosshatch a sketch. From there, I give myself a first try on sketching the image used in the site. I don't really know whether it is a potrait or a caricature...
Here I wanted to thanks Tom for the superb tutorial. This is the link.


Subject: Hal Holbrook


My sketch

Hope to do much better in the future. I really hope to be able to draw caricature. I really have no idea why the caricature that I'm drawing doesn't resemble the subject...:( I have been browsing at lots of caricatures lately. Each of them really looks like their subjects.

Material (s) Used: Paper, pencil
Tool (s) Used: Lumix camera

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I there!
for what I know from drawing that's more of a portrait, because it is more to the real side of the person and does not emphasize any of its features in "epic" porpotions. :) ***

Anonymous said...

i dont know whether it is potrait/caricature....but it is very well drawn :)

my.firstSkizze said...

thanks red for the explanation...

thanks prema :)