Thursday, October 23, 2008

Christmas Card competition

I have just submitted my design for Christmas card competition...in this site (http://www.foldees.com). The due date of this contest actually postponed to 25th Oct. Before this, I actually thought of not joining. However, when the due date was postponed, I thought of giving myself a try. Is because of the prizes offered actually.


The top ten rated cards will be able to choose extra prizes from the list below..This means everyone ends up with something they want, rather than just something bigger or better!



1st prize - US$600 + 1st dibs into Santa’s Bag’o’Gadgets
2nd prize - US$300 + 2nd dibs into Santa’s Bag’o’Gadgets
3rd prize - US$150 + 3rd dibs into Santa’s Bag’o’Gadgets


Wow...would you say that after looking at all those prizes offered.

It is not just a normal Christmas card contest but the designers need to create a comic book theme Christmas card which is actually quite challenging. The toughest part of all, I need to create it in Illustrator. :(

During this contest, I have learned alot about Illustrator. Before this, I really wanted to learn the way to draw character using Illustrator...something like fashion illustration. Now, I know how to use Illustrator to draw a Santa. hehe..a good achievement I should said.

Below are some of my cards...hehe. Quite proud of it as a first time Illustrator user. :P

My 1st entry...


2nd entry..


3rd entry..


4th entry.. (i love this the most)

Comments anyone? Hope to do better next time...till then adios:P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hohoho...merry christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

what u wanna give me for christmas??? hehe :)